Trinamool Congress swept the West Bengal Assembly Polls 2016, blessed by the Maa Mati Manush of Bengal. Crossing the 200 mark barrier and establishing itself as the single largest majority, Mamata Banerjee proved yet again that slander campaigns by the Opposition and a section of the media only make Trinamool become stronger.
In a press conference at the Kalighat office, Mamata Banerjee thanked the Maa Mati Manush of Bengal for showering their blessings on Trinamool Congress.
Here are the excerpts of her speech at the press conference:
- We want to thank the people of Bengal. They are the biggest pillar of democracy.
- We have fought this election alone. The Opposition was united against us. People have given us a huge victory.
- Trinamool won 184 seats in 2011 in alliance. This time we fought alone. Opposition was united against us.
- There was an attempt to create an atmosphere of fear but people voted peacefully, fearlessly.
- There were attempts to mislead people. Those incidents were shameful for politics.
- A smear campaign was launched against us for the last two years. Several canards were spread.
- We are thankful to the people for rejecting the smear campaign and conspiracies.
- As an elected government we faced several hurdles while carrying out governance.
- I appeal to all to maintain peace.
- Several students performed well in board examinations this year. I congratulate them.
- Our party will organise cultural functions from tomorrow till 30 May to thank the Maa, Mati, Manush.
- In 2011, we took oath on 20 May. It is a day of #Poriborton for us.
- Tomorrow we have called a meeting of all the newly-elected MLAs at 12:30 PM
- We will take oath on 27 May. A session of the Assembly will be called before 29 May
- Our responsibility has increased now. Our priority is the socio-economic development of downtrodden people
- It is our priority to work for youth and students. We will work for artistes also
- We will make Bengal the best among all
- We have ideological difference with BJP. We cannot support them
- I am not a VIP. I am LIP (Less Important Person). I want to continue to live as a commoner
- Majority, minority – all voted together… Do not try to divide them
- This victory is a magic of Maa, Mati, Manush. People are intelligent. They have given a fitting reply
- If ideology is lost, everything is lost. The CPI(M)-Congress have lost everything
- People are my strength. They give me moral support
- This is a victory of people. This is a victory of development
- It is our priority to work for people
Source : AITCOfficial.Org