An award glorifies the recipient but Mamraj Agarwal Award is a unique award where Both the side are equality glorified by the brilliance of light from the humanity and future in conjunct.
This year the 19th Year of the Award ceremony held at Raj Bhawan of West Bengal at Kolkata.
19th Felicitation and Presentation of Mamraj Agarwal Rashtriya Puraskar to Brilliant Students By His Excellency Shri Keshari Nath Tripathi (Hon’ble Governor of West Bengal) ,Justice Sri Shyamal Kumar Sen- Former Governor of WB & Former Chief Justice Allahabad High Court, REV.FR.Dr.Felix Raj,S.J Principal, St.Xaviers College, Kolkata, Dr.Ram Gopal Agarwal Former Sr.Advisor, World Bank Washington Sri. Brahmanand Agarwal Prisident, Mamraj Agarwal Foundation.
Students,Parents and Teacher of all Bengal merit rank holders and the august guest line made the event even more memorable to the recipients of the award.
Mamraj Agrawal is an Indian social worker from Kolkata, West Bengal and the founder of Mamraj Agarwal Foundation, a Kolkata-based non governmental organization known to be involved in charity and philanthropic efforts. Through the foundation, Agrawal is reported to be involved in social service in education, healthcare and rehabilitation sectors. He was honored by the Government of India, in 2011, with the fourth highest Indian civilian award of Padma Shri.
Mamraj Agarwal Trust
Mamraj Agarwal Trust established in the year 2001 by its founder Shri Mamraj Agarwal, who is a visionary and philanthropist. The foundation started its activity in health & care.
Contribution in the feild of health care:
(1) Organizing free eye check up & operation camps in association with various institutes like All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), Delhi and Lions Eye Hospitals, Ram Krishna Mission, Kolkata and many more. Marked by the presence of eminent personalities like Hon’ble Finance Minister Sri Pranab Mukherjee; Former Governor of West Bengal Justice Sri Shyamal Kr. Sen; Hon’ble Chief Minister of Delhi Mrs. Sheila Dikshit; Hon’ble Minister of Human Resource & Development Sri Kapil Sibal; These eye camps were organized in different towns & cities of West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Haryana, New Delhi etc.
2) In the last 9 years more than 200 eye camps have been organized, more than 30,000 spectacles have been distributed and 10,000 operations has been conducted for people suffering with cataract and other eye ailments.
3) Donation of Ambulances to help the Health Care Institution and social organizations for providing emergency medical services.
4) Construction of operation theatre, donating surgical instruments, providing free bed facilities etc. for the poor and needy.
5) Operating free Homeopathy Clinics at distant places in West Bengal which caters over 1000 patients every month. People are advised by eminent doctors and free medicines are distributed to patients.
6) Providing financial aid to various Health Care Institutions for their smooth and hassle free functioning.
7) Donated more than 25 bighas of land to hospital for growing herbal plants and foods.
Contribution in the field of Education:
1) For the last many years Free School Uniforms have been distributed in various schools. More than 30,000 children from different locations have been benefitted.
2) Awarding cash prize and certificates of appreciation to brilliant students by the Governors at Raj Bhavan in Kolkata (West Bengal) and Jaipur (Rajasthan). In the last 13 years, more than 22 such programmes have been conducted and more than 2000 students have been acknowledged for their outstanding performances in examination such as ICSE, CBSE, ISC, WBSE, WBHSE and various other stream of higher studies like MBBS, LLB, MSC, CA and many more.
3) In the last 20 years more than 1500 school children have been benefitted from scholarships and tuition fees given to them by the Foundation every year to motivate and help them to pursue further studies, cherish their dreams and become great leaders.
4) Regular donations to academic institutions and promote education by donating computers, books for library, construction and renovation of class rooms, canteens and libraries.
Other remarkable altruistic activities:
1) Awarding eminent personalities for their contribution in social service. Mr. Agarwala has been instrumental in honouring outstanding personalities by prestigious awards like Rashtriya Gyanodyam Samman & Rashtriya Sevaratna Samman.
2) Constructed Art Galleries at Jorasanko Thakurbari Birth place of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore.
3) Construction of roads, wells, electrification to connect remote and distant places.
4) Expansion of wings/rooms in dharmshalas, old age homes, libraries etc.