Monitoring committee on Avian FLU submits report
The Monitoring Committee constituted by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change for overseeing outbreak of H5N8 avian influenza, reviewed the control and containment of the avian influenza situation today.
Mortality Status within 24 hours:
National Zoological Park, New Delhi – Nil
Deer Park, Hauz Khas, New Delhi – 02 Ducks
Gwalior Zoo – 06 Painted Storks
The control and containment measures of avian influenza in the affected zoos are being continued, which include:
- Surveillance continues and the zoo is being screened regularly for any dead bird.
- Bio-security measures being strictly enforced.
- Zoo remained closed for the safety of visitors and control of the disease.
- A team of doctors from Animal Husbandry Department visited Delhi Zoo for monitoring.
- A team of medical doctors visited and examined exposed employees of the zoo and medication was provided.