Centre has lost the moral right to continue in office: Mamata Banerjee
Calling the government anti-poor, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee asserted that a few money launderers are profiting due to the ‘black decision’ of demonetisation.
Mamata Banerjee on Saturday said she is ready to with all Opposition parties to save the country. “We are ready to work with Congress, SP, BSP and other Opposition parties to save the country,” she said in a press conference in Kolkata.
Demanding immediate withdrawal of the ‘draconian’ decision to demonetise Rs 500/1000 notes, she said the government’s move without proper planning was dangerous. “I personally visited several banks today to listen to tales of hardship of common people. More than two lakh ATMs are closed, money is not available; people are facing lot of problems,” said Banerjee.
Calling the government anti-poor, the chief minister asserted that a few money launderers are profiting due to this ‘black decision’. “Only 1 % people hold black money; why are the other 99% being harassed for this,” said the CM adding that it is a betrayal with people.
The Chief Minister reiterated that the common people were facing hardships because of government’s decision.”A sudden midnight decision was taken. But few people in the ruling party knew about it,” she said.
Trinamool Congress has already given a notice in the Rajya Sabha for a discussion on the demonetisation issue on November 16, the opening day of winter session of Parliament. Leader of the party in Lok Sabha Sudip Bandopadhyay has said the party would bring an adjournment motion in the house on the same day.
Mamata Banerjee has also penned a poem on the demonetisation issue.