Amway India celebrates Children’s Day with Mukti Rehabilitation Centre
Kolkata, November 21, 2018 – Amway India, the country’s largest FMCG direct selling company celebrated Children’s Day for the tenth consecutive year with 10 NGO partners across India. The children’s day celebration is a part of Amway’s CSR project Sunrise under which Amway aims to promote the overall well-being of underprivileged children in India by providing them access to education, health and hygiene.
As a part of the celebration, multiple activities were organized which received enthusiastic participation from children. In Kolkata, Amway India partnered with Mukti Rehabilitation Centre and organized interesting activities to engage children including dance performance, and magic show. The children enthusiastically participated in fun activities.
Mr. Chandra Chakraborty, Vice President, East, Amway India, said, “At Amway India, our philosophy is to promote holistic well-being and empower people through multiple initiatives. The project Sunrise launched in the year 2008 has significantly enriched the lives of underprivileged children across India by providing them access to health, education and hygiene. Children’s day is one such day when these children can learn while having fun and we are glad to see such an enthusiastic participation from them. We are happy to make this day a special one for them. We will continue to provide our support for the welfare of underprivileged children.”
Commenting on the occasion K. Viswanath, Secretary, Mukti Rehabilitation Centre said, “We are delighted to receive continued support from Amway India for our children over the last ten years. The celebration across the country at such a scale by Amway India has really made the Children’s day special. It is heartening to see our children enjoy the activities and participate with so much enthusiasm.”
The event concluded with prize distribution to all the participating children.
About Amway India CSR initiatives
- Amway India’s CSR initiatives are based on the belief that social responsibility is much more than the incurrence of a cost or a resource or a charitable/ philanthropic act of social benefit. It is an opportunity to bring in social innovation and change. This belief is articulated in Amway’s vision of helping people live better lives. When it comes to commitment to corporate citizenship, Amway India makes a serious and concentrated effort to reach out and help people improve their lives.
- Amway India supports a comprehensive CSR programme covering a gamut of initiatives including a water conservation project to improve the ground water level in 7 villages in the Dindigul district located around the manufacturing plant. Amway supports a village health program targeted at 26 villages in the Dindigul district, to provide quality healthcare to the underprivileged. The treatment includes general health check-up, select pathological tests and medicines at zero cost to the beneficiaries. In a span of over 20 months over 240 free health camps have been organised benefitting more than 50,000 people from local communities.
- Amway India set up a telemedicine center in the Dindigul district to ensure a consistent healthcare support to the villagers. This program has eliminated distance barriers and improved access to medical services in distant rural communities. The center aims at providing free medical treatment to over 7,000 patients in a year.
- Last year Amway India launched a Community Health & Entrepreneurship Program in the rural areas of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar to offer livelihood training in Entrepreneurship skills and business fundamentals with the objective to promote self-employment among women and to create awareness on affordable health and hygiene practices.
- Recently Amway India has launched the community-based nutrition education program to improve the nutritional status among children (below 5 years) in the select slum areas of West Delhi. The program focuses on prevention, early detection and improved access to care in line with the National Nutrition Mission, Govt. of India.
- As a key focus area, Amway has taken various initiatives to support the cause of visually impaired. Amway also supports underprivileged children in education, health and hygiene under a project titled ‘Sunrise’. Under this project, Amway currently supports more than 15 NGOs across the country.
- Amway India has been conferred with the ‘CSR Leadership Summit & Award’ in the category of ‘Promoting Employment for Specially-abled’.
- Amway India was also recently awarded with the ‘Best Corporate’ award in the ‘Specially-abled’ category at the prestigious National CSR Summit & Awards 2018 for its invaluable contribution towards the welfare of visually impaired by CSR Times.