Mercedes-Benz India launches the dynamic dream car CLS; the world’s first four-door coupe now presented with the new design idiom
- The new CLS 300 d is the first car to incorporate the new Mercedes-Benz design idiom of “sensual purity” in a stylish coupe body
- The new BS VI diesel engine churns out 180 kW and a peak torque of 500 Nm at 1600-2400 rpm; helps the CLS 300 d accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.4 seconds
- The interiors of the new CLS have been enhanced with a high resolution 12.3-inch media display screen along with a digital cockpit with three selectable display styles and new generation telematics which includes the Audio 20 with NTG 5.5
- The new CLS is installed with Burmester surround sound system which includes 13 high-performance speakers precisely tailored to the vehicle interiors which provides an acoustic experience
- Ambient lighting in 64 colours along with illuminated air vents stunningly highlight the interiors of the new CLS
- The CLS that opened up a whole new dimension of lighting technology is MULTIBEAM LED headlamps enabled
- The new CLS is offered with a wide range of exterior paint work including Graphite Grey, Ruby Black and Designo Selenite Grey Magno
- The new Mercedes-Benz CLS 300 d is priced starting INR 84.70 Lakhs ex-showroom, all India
Kolkata: India’s largest luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz today further strengthened its product offering with the introduction of the new CLS, the dynamic and elegant four-door coupe, now in its third generation. The new CLS dream car pioneers the stylish new design idiom of Mercedes-Benz. The four-cylinder BS VI engine in the CLS 300 d churns out 180 kW, which allows the CLS to attain 100 km/h from standstill in just 6.4 seconds. With the introduction of the new CLS, Mercedes-Benz continues to raise the bar of design innovation, class performance and cutting-edge technology. The new CLS was launched today by Mr. Michael Jopp, Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Mercedes-Benz India, and will be available across all Mercedes-Benz dealerships across the country.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Michael Jopp – Vice President, Sales & Marketing Mercedes-Benz India said, “With the growing penchant for dream cars, we are glad to launch the most elegant and dynamic third generation CLS. Known for many firsts, the new CLS we have launched today also pioneers the new design idiom of Mercedes-Benz, which is recognisable by its clear contours and reduced lines. Like its predecessors, the third CLS generation emanates self-assured sportiness in an exemplary style. The stylish new CLS 300 d blends flawlessly into the current Mercedes-Benz coupé family with abundant design features. We are confident that the third generation CLS will offer superior luxury and comfort to our customers and will continue to delight them. Mercedes-Benz India will keep striving to push the boundaries in the luxury car segment by driving innovation not only in our versatile line-up, but also in our customer service offerings and the overall vehicle ownership.
He further added, “With the launch of the new CLS 300 d, Mercedes-Benz continues its offensive with its 12th product launched in 2018. We have an exciting line-up for 2019 as well and our product innovations will continue in the coming months. We are glad that our customer centric strategy for India is on the right track and is witnessing a positive sentiment.”
Technical specifications of the new Mercedes-Benz CLS
|Cylinder arrangement/number||In line/4 (BS VI)|
|Power||180 kW (245 hp) at 4200 rpm|
|Peak Torque||500 Nm at 1600 – 2400 rpm|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||6.4 s|
|Top Speed||250 km/h|
|Gross vehicle weight||2445 kg|
The interiors of the new CLS have been significantly enhanced with a high-resolution 12.3-inch media display screen along with a digital cockpit with three selectable display styles – Classic, Sporty and Progressive – along with a new generation telematics, which includes the Audio 20 with NTG 5.5. The 64 colours ambient lighting along with illuminated air vents further highlight the interiors and promote a sense of well-being while driving. The vehicle also offers Smartphone Integration, which supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. The new CLS comes with stylish Multibeam LED headlamps with adaptive high beam assist, all new 18-inch alloys and an electric sliding sunroof with Pre-safe closing function.
The new Mercedes-Benz CLS 300 d is priced starting INR 84.70 Lakhs ex-showroom, all India.
Twitter – @MercedesBenzInd
Instagram – @mercedesbeznind