Immigration Bureau of Thailand and VFS Global collaborate to offer the new eVisa On Arrival (
· eVOA holders save time and get a faster immigration service at dedicated Immigration counters at major airports in Thailand
· Travellers receive their travel authorisation online pre-departure within 24 to 72 hours of application being submitted
· A new ‘Express eVisa On Arrival’ service is also available for approval within 24 hours
· Applications to be submitted on thailandevoa.vfsevisa.com or at VFS Global visa application centres across the globe
In line with the Government of Thailand’s initiative to promote tourism, the Immigration Bureau of Thailand has partnered with VFS Global to offer the new eVisa On Arrival (eVOA) service that will enable a faster and more convenient arrival process for travellers from 21 countries*) like India,
P.R. China, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine etc. Travellers who are eligible to use the online eVOA service provided by VFS Global will receive their travel authorisation from the Immigration Bureau of Thailand prior to their departure from their country of origin. The eVOA service will be available as of 14 February 2019 on thailandevoa.vfsevisa.com
The new Thailand eVisa On Arrival offers travellers a whole new experience when applying for a travel pre-authorisation to Thailand and when entering the country at the Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueng airports in Bangkok, as well as at Phuket and Chiang Mai airports flying by Thai Airways and other airlines.
In three simple steps, eligible travellers can apply online for eVOA for Thailand by visiting thailandevoa.vfsevisa.com anytime, anywhere or get assistance at VFS Global visa application centres across the globe.
STEP 1: Go tothailandevoa.vfsevisa.com. Share the application details and upload the necessary documents online. No physical passport submission is needed
STEP 2: Pay the applicable fee using the payment gateway facility with Mastercard, Visa or Union Pay credit or debit card which is enabled to make international transactions or via Wechat or Alipay
STEP 3: On the successful completion of the payment and once the application is processed with the pre-approved eVOA code, travellers can download and print out the eVOA application for reference and may even keep a copy of the file on their mobile phones.
Travellers receive their pre-departure travel authorisation online before the trip within 24 to 72 hours.
If there is an urgent visa requirement to travel to Thailand, travellers can also avail online the Express eVOA service for quicker processing. By paying an additional service fee, eligible travellers can get their eVOA decision within 24 hours for any short notice travel requirements.
eVOA applicants benefit from dedicated Immigration counters at major aiports in Thailand to save time and experience a faster entry into Thailand. Due to the smooth online eVOA application process pre-departure, travellers don’t need to carry any physical copies like hotel booking confirmation or air-tickets, photopraphs etc. Since the eVOA fee was paid online, no cash in local currency is required at the immigration counter.
Commenting on the launch of the new eVOA service, Pol. Lt. Gen. Surachate HAKPARN, Commissioner of Immigration Bureau, said “With the eVOA service, we are proud to offer a new age digital solution which enhance the overall experience for the mordern day traveller who seeks to visit Thailand from 21 countries across the globe. In our cooperation with the world’s largest outsourcing and technology services specialist for governments and diplomatic missions worldwide – VFS Global, we aim to effectively meet the objective of increasing tourism to the country through this solution especially taking into consideration the all-important security aspect that allows pre-check of travellers prior the arrival, as it offers time to the Immigration Bureau for effective assessment.”
Mr. Zubin Karkaria, CEO, VFS Global, said “It is an honour to work with the Immigration Bureau of Thailand and Thai Airways to ensure a more convenient and faster service for travellers to Thailand, while maintaining the security and integrity of the visa process. With our experience and reliability in providing seamless visa application services across the world, and with the advantages of our eVisa solution, the Thailand eVOA service will further enhance ease of travel to Thailand, and thereby facilitate increase in tourism to the country. In addition, we are proud to be associated with the Royal Thai Embassy with whom we already share a long-standing relationship since 2005 and provide visa services across 27 cities in four countries through a strong network of 27 Visa Application Centres. As an organisation, we continue to support the economic growth and development of Thailand through our operations within Thailand where we employ 326 Thai nationals – of which 96 are dedicated resources for the new eVOA service.”
Key benefits of the new eVOA service:
· Official travel
· Online application submission and payment options
· Online application support available at VFS Global visa application centre across the globe
· No submission of Passport needed
· Express eVOA service for quicker processing at an additional service fee for a decision within 24 hours
· Save time and experience a faster immigration process at major airports in Thailand through dedicated immigration counters for eVOA holders
· No physical copies of documents, photographs or local cash needed during
· Round-the-clock email support assistance if required
* Andora, Bulgaria, Bhutan, P.R. China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, India, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius,Papua New Guinea, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan