Statement – “We have come across some news reports which suggest data breach at BHIM App. We would like to clarify that there has been no data compromise at BHIM App and request everyone to not fall prey to such speculations. NPCI follows high level of security and an integrated approach to protect its infrastructure and continue to provide a robust payments ecosystem”.
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM) is an app that lets you make simple, easy and quick payment transactions using Unified Payments Interface (UPI). You can make instant bank-to-bank payments and Pay and collect money using just Mobile number or Virtual Payment Address (UPI ID).
The following are the features of BHIM:
- Send Money: Send money by entering Virtual Payment Address (UPI ID), Account number and QR Scan.
- Request Money: Collect money by entering Virtual Payment Address (UPI ID). Additionally through BHIM App, one can also transfer money using Mobile No. (Mobile No should be registered with BHIM or *99# and account should be linked).
- Scan & Pay: Pay by scanning the QR code through Scan & Pay or generate your to let others make easy payments to you.
- Transactions: Check your transaction history and also pending UPI collect requests (if any) You can raise complaint for the declined transactions by clicking on report issue in transactions.
- Profile: You can view the static QR code and Payment addresses linked to your account. You can also share the QR code through various messenger applications like WhatsApp, Email etc. available on phone and can also download the QR code.
- Bank Account: Switch between multiple bank accounts linked with your BHIM App. You can set/change your UPI PIN or check your balance.
- Language: Currently BHIM is available in 13 languages, i.e., Hindi, English, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali, Odia, Kannada, Gujarati, Marathi, Assamese and Bengali.
- Block User: Block/Spam users who are sending you collect requests from illicit sources.
- Privacy: Allow a user to disable and enable [email protected] in the profile if a secondary UPI ID is created (QR for the disabled UPI ID is also disabled).
- Payment Reminders: Schedule payments as per your convenience.
- Split Bill: Splitting bills with multiple UPI users at a click of a button.
*BHIM APP is available in play store (android version 5.0 & above) and App Store (iOS 8.1 and above)**