Iraq 3-2 Vietnam
8 January 2019
- Iraq have now won five of their last six Asian Cup group games (L1), including their opening game in the last two tournaments.
- Iraq have conceded 10 goals in their last four Asian Cup games, as many as they conceded in their previous 15 games in the competition.
- Vietnam have benefited from back to back own goals in the Asian Cup, after their opener today against Iraq and their last goal in the competition against Japan in 2007.
- Vietnam have lost their last three Asian Cup games, conceding nine goals. They were unbeaten in their first two Asian Cup games (W1 D1), conceding just once.
- Ali Adnan Kadhim’s 90th minute winning goal for Iraq in this match was the first winning goal in the final minute of regular time of an AFC Asian Cup finals match since January 2015, when Iran’s Reza Ghoochannejhad scored on 90 minutes to seal a victory against UAE (excluding extra-time goals).