Mercedes-Benz strengthens its presence in East India: inaugurates two state of the art outlets in one day in the ‘City of Joy’
“Guten Tag” literally means Good Day in German and yes it is a good day for Mercedes Benz lovers and having a good reason to rejoice with new expectation for the never-ending road for excellence.
Mr. Martin addressed the media at City of Joy on 6th March 2019 to explain how the brand is hopeful of Indian market despite of election and stiff GST regime.
Discussion unfolded in to many corners right from the driver less cars to electric luxury cars and future of super luxury cars in India.
A state of the Art each Benz location in the country got two newly added location in their foot print in Kolkata.
With the 95th outlet in 47 cities, Mercedes-Benz boasts of the largest network strength for any luxury carmakers in India
· Benchmark Interkrafts is Mercedes-Benz’s most luxurious foray in the important Kolkata market
· With the inauguration of this state-of-the-art showroom and world-class service facility, Benchmark Cars now have three outlets in Kolkata and Mercedes-Benz seven in East and North-East India
· Benchmark Cars
· Both the outlets were made with an approx. 10 crores, the showroom built within a short span of five months
· Service Facility: The service facility spans across 20,300 sq. ft. | 12 service bays for body & paint| Service up to 1500 cars a year | Over 20 professionally trained staff to take care of customer’s requirements
· The Service facility also boasts of a fully air-conditioned interactive reception and service bay | It is also equipped with Café Mercedes, dedicated zone for Mercedes-Benz merchandise and driver’s lounge along with elements of digital service drive to ensure convenience to the customers
· The service facility will act as a touch point for an array of customer service products including MB car care products along with service packages
· Showroom: The showroom is spread over 13,000 sq. ft. is a luxury destination in itself | The state-of-art showroom entails 11 car display and one delivery bay
· Over 40 professionally trained staff have been hired to cater all the needs of customers
· The showroom also boasts of Café Mercedes, Customer Lounge and a dedicated Mercedes-Benz accessories and merchandise section for the enthusiasts of the brand
· Design elements:
o Handpicked cloth based Patachitra paintings
o The service facility too, has an aesthetically impressive masterpiece made of recycled metal in the form of a statue, marking a tribute to the rich tradition of art and culture in the state
o Hollow structured LED cooling lights have been used in the showroom for artistic appeal
· Landmark Cars will be a one-stop-shop solution for all customer requirements for Kolkata as well as for adjoining areas
Kolkata: India’s largest luxury car manufacturer Mercedes-Benz today further deepened its commitment to India by inaugurating two luxurious outlets in one day in the ‘City of Joy’, Kolkata. This dealership is Benchmark Cars’ third outlet in Kolkata and the seventh one for Mercedes-Benz in East and North-East India. The state-of-art service facility is spread across an enormous 20,300 sq. ft. whereas the showroom spans over 13,000 sq. feet. Both the outlets were made with an approximate investment of 10 crores. The new dealership will cater to the burgeoning sales and service demands of customers in Kolkata and the surrounding areas. The dealership was inaugurated by Mr. Martin Schwenk, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India and Mr. Sanjay Thakker, Chairman, Group Landmark.
Martin Schwenk, Managing Director and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, said, “This year we celebrate 25 years of Mercedes-Benz in India and this is a proud moment for all of us at Mercedes-Benz. It is an important milestone as it underlines the impeccable trust that more than 100,000 customers have on Mercedes-Benz in India. As a part of our ‘Go to Customer’ strategy we not only aim to be accessible to our customers, but also keep our customers and brand enthusiasts fascinated with novel product and service offerings. The inauguration of this brand new showcase of modern luxury in the ‘City of Joy’ strongly reiterates our customer centric philosophy which remains core to our business. East remains an important market for Mercedes-Benz is an emerging market with potential to grow in future. In the last five years we have witnessed over 50 percent growth in the region and is encouraging for us to remain bullish on the market. With the state-of-the-art showroom and a holistic service facility, we further consolidate our strong presence in the luxury market in East in general and in Kolkata in specific. We are optimistic about 2019 and convinced that the inauguration of Benchmark Car is a step in the right direction.”
Mr. Sanjay Thakker, Chairman, Group Landmark said, “Group Landmark is a proud partner of Mercedes-Benz for a decade and we are pleased to continue this strong relationship and be part of the Mercedes-Benz’s journey in India. We have been in this market for over five years. In addition to this, we have a strong presence in Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Surat, Thane, Indore, Bhopal, we have strengthened our position further with this state-of-art dealership in the most prominent location in Kolkata. The convenient location backed by excellent infrastructure will make this showroom a one-stop-shop solution for retail luxury and customer service needs in Kolkata. Landmark Cars, with its luxurious facilities across India, has remained a strong partner in in Mercedes-Benz’s success story in India and we hope to continue supporting the brand in its winning streak. We look forward to welcoming our customers and fans of the brand in Kolkata to this new luxury destination.”
· About Benchmark Interkrafts showroom: Area of 13,000 sq. ft. |Over 20 professionally trained staff | 11 car display area with one delivery bay with models across segment
· About Benchmark Interkrafts Service Facility: Area of 20,300 sq. ft. | Over 20 professionally trained staff | 12 service bays for body & paint and general repair | Can service up to 1500 cars a years
· Both the showroom and the service facility have been developed in line with the innovative Mercedes-Benz design elements, and offers luxury experience and quality to our customers. Both the outlets are installed with Café Mercedes and customers lounge where the customers can relax as they enjoy a cup of coffee
· Digital elements such as Video Wall and new-age Interactive Digital Screens to enhance customers experience
· The showroom will display the entire range of Mercedes-Benz vehicles. The features of the showroom such as the high ceiling, ambient lighting, comfortable seating spaces, intricate design and overall aesthetic appeal exude luxury and designed to enhance the experience of the customers.
· The workshop will be taking care of all the servicing requirements of the customers of Kolkata and also those from neighbouring cities. The workshop will provide round the clock support in Body Repairs, Paint Job, Wheel Alignment, Wheel Balancing, Tyre Change, Car Wash, Polishing and gamut of other servicing requirements