Century Plyboards’s Q4 Results for Financial Year 2016-17
India, May 23 , 2017:
India’s leading plywood company, Century Plyboards(I) Ltd., today announced its results for the fourth quarter of FY 16-17.
- Net Revenue from operations for the Quarter, ending 31st March, 2017 were Rs.488.54 crs; an increase of 3%over corresponding period of last financial year Rs.447.06 crs and Net revenue from operations for the Financial Year 2016-17 was Rs.1782.46 crs showing a growth of 9.0%, over previous financial year Rs.1635.69 crs
- Earnings Before Depreciation Interest and Tax for the last quarter of Financial Year 2016-17 was Rs. 97.93 crs, a Increase of 26.5% over corresponding period of last financial year Rs.77.40 crs and for the Financial Year 2016-17 it was Rs.314.71 crs, an increase of 8.5%, compared with last financial year Rs.290.00 crs.
- Profit After Tax for the quarter ending 31st March, 2017, was 55.91 crs; showing a increase of 34.4% over corresponding period of last financial year Rs.41.6crs. Profit After Tax for the Financial Year was Rs.185.56 crs, an increase of 9.3%, compared with the Profit After Tax of Rs.169.81 crs, achieved during last financial year.
- The Board of Directors has declared dividend of Re 1 per share on a face value of Re 1 per share of the FY2017.
- Favourable market conditions, lower commodity prices and better sales volume have lead to significant margin improvement.
- Various initiatives taken by the Company for controlling costs, helped to improve the overall margins.
Mr. Sajjan Bhajanka, Chairman, CenturyPly said, “In spite of so many challenges in the last financial year, like demonetisation, slowdown in realty, and the competition from the unorganized sector, we have overcome all of that and ended up with better turnover and EBITDA and better net margin. Now we are ready for a big leap forward. We are on the verge of commencing our MDF plant. We have already commissioned particle board plant and new ply factory at Guwahati. And we are also expanding our laminate capacity by 60%. So with all these we are on the path of achieving all round growth in the future.”