Intense Thunderstorm activity over Northwest India during 15 -17 April
By PIB Delhi
Analysis of Weather Conditions
Numerical model products, satellite information, and analysis of weather observations are indicating that a strong western disturbance is approaching and would adversely affect weather over Northwest India including Delhi-NCR during 15-17 April with peak activity on 16 April. The western disturbance on approaching Northwest India will draw fresh moisture from Arabian Sea as well as from Bay of Bengal, with both the streams confluence over central India and neighbourhood. The thermodynamic atmospheric conditions would become favorable for development of instability in the atmosphere and occurrence of widespread Thunderstorm activity over the region.
Weather Forecast for 15-17 April
- Rainfall activity would occur at most places over Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand mainly on 16-17 April.
- Light to moderate rainfall/thundershowers would occur at many places over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh, and West Uttar Pradesh and at a few places over Rajasthan and East Uttar Pradesh.
Weather Warnings for 16-17 April
- Heavy rainfall very likely to occur at isolated places over Western Himalayan region.
- Intense Rainfall spells also likely over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh & Delhi.
- Thunderstorm accompanied with lightening, Hailstorm and squall with wind speed of 60-70 KMPH gusting to 80 KMPH very likely over Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh & West Uttar Pradesh and with wind speed of 40-50 KMPH gusting to 60 KMPH over Rajasthan and East Uttar Pradesh.
Forecast for Delhi/NCR
Partly Cloudy Sky with possibility of Thundery development and gusty winds likely on 15 April. However, weather is likely to be intense on 16-17 April with generally cloudy conditions and Thunderstorms accompanied with lightening, Hailstorm and squall with wind speed of 60-70 KMPH gusting to 80 KMPH.