In January alone, OYO India hosts 6.5 million guests
- Over 6.5 million (65 lakh) guests booked an OYO in January 2020
- Over 90 percent of the business has been generated by repeat customers and word-of-mouth sales
- Growth momentum in India continues with 800-1200 hotel rooms sign-ups per day
- Following process improvements, over 100 hotels choose to return to the OYO family
Kolkata: OYO Hotels & Homes, a young hotel startup & the world’s leading chain of hotels, homes, and spaces, announced today that it has hosted 6.5 million guests in January 2020 alone in India. The company continues to deliver on its promise of doubling down efforts in providing enhanced customer experience as part of its 2020 priorities. Following improved communications and process changes, the company has also earned back the trust of over 100 asset owners across the country who have rejoined the OYO family in January. Witnessing a strong start to the year, OYO’s franchise hotels business has also maintained momentum and signed over 800-1200 rooms per day, taking the 2020 room-count numbers across India to 2,70,000 rooms, 18,000 buildings across 415+ cities.
Commenting on the development, Rohit Kapoor, CEO – OYO India & South Asia, said, ‘In 2020, sustainable growth, operational excellence and profitability are our topmost priorities while building a high-performing and employee-first work culture. We’re very excited to see that the year has begun on a positive and strong note for the business. Hosting over 6.5 million guests in India in January is a big moment for us. Earning the trust of lakhs of customers is not an overnight success but a journey of several years of hardwork and dedication in the making. We thank our OYOpreneurs and asset owners for consistently delivering quality customer experience to guests in India. This milestone further fuels our passion to delight our guests and deliver value to asset owners while running a sustainable business.”
What’s powering the January 2020 business outcomes:
Increasing customer preference
- The company sees maximum traction from word-of-mouth sales & repeat customers with 90% of its bookings being driven by them
- OYO Wizard, India’s largest hospitality paid loyalty program which is designed to recognise and reward frequent customers continues to witness a surge in loyal customers and has already touched the 5 million milestone
- OYO has also witnessed an 80% increase in revenue from business-to-business (B2B) or corporate customers on a year-on-year basis.
Delivering value to asset owners
- As part of delivering value for its hotel partners, OYO is actively engaging with its partners through improved monthly statements that offer a simplified version of reconciliations and settlements of assets.
- Payments have moved to weekly cycles for all OYO hotel owners – a significant step leading to bigger on-ground impact on cash-flows, asset owner delight and decision-making.
- The company under its flagship initiative ‘OYO Partner Engagement Network’ (OPEN) is doubling down its efforts to engage with franchisee partners across India on a one-on-one basis. Through these engagements, OYO will communicate a set of structured and planned agenda items, covering multiple areas of its partnership and reconcile any gaps and perhaps, misalignment, in a trusting environment.
- Club Red, OYO’s partner loyalty program has also rewarded over 1500 asset owners while recognising and celebrating the achievement of key customer delight metrics.
Mr Santosh Suvarna, an asset owner who has rejoined the OYO family, said, “Some of the recent changes that OYO has made gives me the confidence to believe that the company is taking feedback seriously and wants to invest in my professional growth and development. Look forward to my second innings with OYO.”
Building a employee-first work culture
For OYOpreneurs, OYO is taking several measures to improve work culture, ensure their holistic career development, instill a sense of pride and belonging towards OYO and drive further happiness and well-being. The aim is to make OYO an even better place to work for every OYOpreneur.
About OYO Hotels & Homes:
Opening its doors in 2013, OYO Hotels & Homes, a young hotel startup, today is the world’s leading chain of hotels, homes, and spaces. The portfolio combines fully operated real estate comprising more than 43,000 hotels with over 1 million rooms. Through its vacation homes business, the company offers travellers and city dwellers access to over 125,000 homes around the world under OYO Home, Belvilla, Danland, Dancenter and Germany-based Traum-Ferienwohnungen brands. OYO today operates in over 800 cities in 80 countries, including the U.S., Europe, U.K., India, Middle East, Southeast Asia, and Japan. For more information, visit www.oyorooms.com.