Azadi Ka Amrit Mohotsav, Eastern Command of the Indian Army is organising Purvottar Swabhiman Utsav
Assam,19 November 2022:
- As part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mohotsav, Eastern Command of the Indian Army is organising Purvottar Swabhiman Utsav, to celebrate the contribution of North Eastern Region in Nation Building. As a part of the two day mega event a Panel Discussion was conducted at Assam Administrative Staff College, Guwahati on 20 Nov 2022. The discussion was attended by Chief Minister Meghalaya and many other prominent personalities.
- Welcoming the eminent speakers, Lt Gen Rana Pratap Kalita, General Officer Commanding in Chief, Eastern Command exuded confidence that this seminar will take us closer to the goal of a prosperous North East playing a pivotal role in Nation building. Former Rajya Sabha MP Shri Swapan Dasgupta delivered the key-note address and emphasised on how this transformational development in the North Eastern States will propel the entire nation to progress.
- The discussion was set in motion by Shri Wasbir Hussain of the Northeast-Live and the Role of NER in India’s Freedom Struggle was brought out by former Chairman of UPSC Prof David Reid Syiemlieh. Lt Gen Subrata Saha (Retired) and Lt Gen PC Nair spoke about the immense contribution of Indian Army and the saga of Assam Rifles in integrating the NER with the mainstream.
- The Education & Law Minister of Manipur, Shri Th Basanta Singh, highlighted the outstanding contribution by the state in the arena of sports with sportspersons having brought laurels to the state and the country in International sporting events. The Chief Minister of Meghalaya Shri Conrad K Sangma elucidated methods to achieve greater integration of the North Eastern Region with the national mainstream and enhance tourism in the region, thereby enhancing economic prosperity. Former Foreign Secretary Shri Harsh Vardhan Shringla, emphasised on the critical role of this region in India’s Act East Policy.
- Other eminent speakers like Air Marshal AK Gogoi (Retired) from the North Eastern Council, Shri Anshul Gupta, GM Northeast Frontier Railways and Shri Jaideep Saikia spoke about future perspectives, NFR’s role in socio economic development and security matrix of in the NER respectively.
- Lt Gen KC Panchanathan, the General Officer Commanding 101 Area thanked the dignitaries, speakers and the attendees and expressed confidence that the panel discussion achieved its stated objectives.