President Smt. Droupadi Murmu to give away the Digital India Awards 2022 tomorrow
By PIB Delhi
The President of India, Smt. Droupadi Murmu to give away the Digital India Awards 2022 to the winners, here on 7th January 2023.
The Government of India has envisioned the Digital India Programme to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Digital India Awards (https://digitalindiaawards.gov.in) encourage and honour innovative digital initiatives by government entities at all levels. DIA 2022 aims to inspire and motivate not only government entities but also start-ups and grassroots level digital initiatives in fulfilling the Digital India vision.
The Minister for Electronics & Information Technology, Communications and Railways, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, the Secretary, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Shri Alkesh Kumar Sharma, and other dignitaries will attend the event at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
The event will commence on 7th January 2023 at 11:00 a.m. and will be telecast live on Doordarshan and live-streamed on NIC Social media platforms:
NIC Webcast- http://webcast.gov.in/digitalindiaawards
Digital India Awards are instituted under the aegis of the National Portal of India (https://india.gov.in), which provides single-window access to information & services being offered by Indian government entities at all levels. The National Portal has been designed, developed, and maintained by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India.
The selection process for Digital India Awards includes nomination of digital initiatives by Government entities through the Rashtriya Puraskar Portal (https://awards.gov.in) managed by the Director General, Awards at the Ministry of Home Affairs. The unified portal has been developed and operationalized on the directions of the Hon’ble Prime Minister for managing all National Awards. This is followed by the Ranking of entries by the Nomination Processing Partner, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi, and the selection of Winners by a jury constituted under the chairmanship of the Secretary, MeitY with representation from government, industry, and academia.
Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ offices/organizations, State Government Departments/ offices/organizations, district administrations, and Indian Mission abroad are eligible to apply for the Awards.
The 7th edition of the Awards was announced under the following seven categories:
- Digital Empowerment of Citizens: Recognising universally accessible, anytime anywhere, access to Digital resources and promoting collaboration in participative governance and digital literacy leading to enhanced ease of living.
|Platinum||e-NAM (Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare)|
|Gold||Transport Mission Mode Project (eTransport) (Ministry of Road Transport and Highways)|
|Silver||Judgment Search Portal (e-Committee, Supreme Court of India)|
- Digital Initiatives at Grassroots Level: Recognising initiatives that use digital technology, e.g., AI, blockchain, drones, IoT, ML, GIS, etc. in domains like agriculture, health, education, employment, labor, skilling etc. at the panchayat, local body, and sub-district levels.
|Platinum||e-Vivechna App (Madhya Pradesh)|
|Gold||DeGS Computer Basic Training (Jharkhand)|
|Silver||Ksheerasree Portal (Kerala)|
- Digital Initiatives for Ease of Doing Business: Honouring digital initiatives creates a significant impact by reducing the time, costs, and efforts in setting up, conducting, and operating business activities.
|Platinum||Mine Mitra (Uttar Pradesh)|
|Silver||Invest Punjab (Punjab)|
- Data Sharing and Use for Socio-Economic Development: Recognising sharing of government data by Ministries/Departments/organizations, States, Smart Cities, and urban local bodies to a central repository to create a vibrant data ecosystem in the country for analysis, decision-making, innovation, economic development, and public good
|Platinum||Smart Cities Mission (Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs)|
|Gold||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Silver||Center for e-governance (Karnataka)|
- Public Digital Platforms – Central Ministries, Departments, and States: Honouring excellence in design and implementation of a Public Digital Platform with a wide scale coverage and having a high impact in the society
|Award||Winners – States|
|Platinum||Duare Sarkar (West Bengal)|
|Gold||e-Services Manipur (Manipur)|
|Award||Winners – Central Ministries, Departments|
|Platinum||ICEGATE Portal (Ministry of Finance, Department of Revenue)|
|Gold||eShram (Ministry of Labour and Employment)|
- Digital Initiatives in Collaboration with Startups: Honouring excellence by Government Entities in collaboration with startups for enhancement and/or transformation of digital governance, improving the experience of digital services and digital empowerment of citizens
|Platinum||Digital Workforce Management System (Kerala)|
|Gold||Smart Nutrient Management of the Soil (Telangana)|
|Silver||Digital Deposit Refund System (Uttarakhand)|
- Best Web and Mobile Initiatives Complying with GIGW & Accessibility Guidelines: recognizing web and mobile initiatives ensuring rich content and barrier-free access on any device.
|Platinum||Bilaspur District Website (Chhattisgarh)|
|Gold||Website of Kottayam District (Kerala)|
|Silver||Website of Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology (Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Department of Chemicals and Petro-chemicals)|