WEB PORTAL FOR PROVIDING CITIZEN-CENTRIC POLICE SERVICES
By PIB Delhi
National Crime Records Bureau(NCRB) under the administrative purview of the Ministry of Home Affairs launched Digital Police Portal (https://digitalpolice.gov.in) on 21st August 2017 which provides the following citizen services at the Central level:-
- Missing Persons Search
- Generate Vehicle NOC
- Proclaimed Offenders information
- Locate Nearest PS
In addition, the following 9 mandated citizen services being provided by State Police Citizen Portals can also be accessed through Digital Police Portal:-
- Filing of complaints to the concerned Police Station
- Obtaining the status of complaints
- Obtaining copies of FIRs
- Details of arrested persons/ wanted criminals
- Details of missing/ kidnapped persons
- Details of stolen/ recovered vehicles, arms, and other properties
- Submission of requests for issue/ renewal of various NOCs (Procession, Event / Performance, Protest/ Strike, etc.)
- Verification requests for servants, employment, passport, senior citizen registrations, etc.
- Portal for sharing information and enabling citizens to download required Forms
MHA has also launched the National Cybercrime Reporting Portal (NCRP) (https://cybercrime.gov.in) on 30th August 2019 where citizens can report incidences of all types of cyber crimes including cyber crimes against women and children. Citizens across the Country can access these citizen-centric services through the above-mentioned portals. Authorized users of Law Enforcement Agencies and State/UT Police can access Crime and Criminal databases using a secure network.
This was stated by the Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Ajay Kumar Mishra in a written reply to a question in the Rajya Sabha.