Ola Hyperdrive 2019
With 2019 coming to an end and more than a billion Indians get ready to welcome the New Year, here is a glimpse of the year that went by. As India’s largest mobility platform, Ola brings deep insights from 200+ cities, showing how India travelled in 2019.
With aggregated data of how Indians travelled this year, the ‘Ola Hyperdrive 2019’ infographic offers a glimpse into the travel patterns of Ola customers across different categories like Ola Share, Ola Outstation, Ola Bike, Ola Auto and Ola Prime Play. Additionally, there are interesting insights which showcase the driver-partners with the most number of 5-star ratings awarded by satisfied Ola customers.
On revealing Ola HyperDrive 2019, Ola spokesperson said, “We are excited to look back at some of our biggest moments of the year through ‘Ola HyperDrive’, as 2019 comes to a close. We served over 6 billion kms this year through Ola’s various mobility offerings, touching the lives of hundreds of millions of consumers. Shared Mobility has expanded beyond Tier I cities, making deeper inroads into the hinterlands of the country. While 4-wheelers remained a preferred mode of commute for longer routes, Ola Auto and Ola Bike are steadily becoming synonymous with first and last-mile connectivity in over 250 cities and towns across India. We also celebrate our 2 million+ driver-partners by recognising their stellar service as entrepreneurs, as well as their commitment to serve the mobility needs of citizens at all times. In the new decade with 2020, we look forward to continuously innovating for consumers and partners and furthering our mission of building mobility for a billion people.
Some of the national key highlights include:
- The total distance covered in 2019 on the platform was 6 billion kilometre, that is more than a kilometre for every person in Asia
- Hyderabad clocked the highest average speed of 24.8 kmph, followed by Delhi (23.5 kmph), Chennai (23.1 kmph), Mumbai (22.7 kmph), Pune (22.6 kmph), Bangalore (21.2 kmph) and Kolkata (19.4 kmph)
- Ola share rides enabled in keeping 1.4 million cars off the road in 2019
- INR 20, 87, 62, 289 was saved with discounts, which could be used to pay for 5000 month-long European vacations
- Ola Outstation covered 366 million km across 10,000 destinations in India, enough for a trip to Jupiter
- Ola Bike covered a total of 166 million km and Ola’s top bike-partner travelled 38,289 kms
- Ola Autos covered 1200 million km
- On an average, Bengalureans left for work earlier than the rest, at 9:30 AM, followed by Punekars and Delhites, headed out at 9:41 AM and 9:42 AM respectively
- Ola’s driver partner, Devendra SV received 5-star ratings 9590 times. He was followed by Chenchugandla and Rama Mohan respectively, receiving 5-star ratings 9250 and 8913 times
- Ola Play customers spent more than 688 million minutes listening to music, which is equivalent to 1200 years of non-stop listening
- ● 5 PM to 8 PM was the most preferred listening time for Ola Play customers
- ‘Dil Diyan Gallan’ from Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif’s movie Tiger Zinda Hai, was the most played song, followed by ‘Tere Sang Yaar’ and ‘Sun Saathiya’
Some of the Kolkata key highlights include:
- Total distance covered – Kolkata travelled a total of 229 million kms using Ola, taking 7th position behind Delhi, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad and Pune
- Average speed – Kolkata clocked one of the slowest average speed of 19.4 kmph, led by Hyderabad (24.8 kmph), Delhi (23.5 kmph) and Chennai (23.1 kmph)
- Kolkata remained as one of the top 3 cities that warmed up to the idea of bike taxis by recording a total of 8 million kms on Ola platform
- Start & End of work – On average, people from Kolkata using Ola left very late for work at 11:13 AM and left office at 6:52 PM
- Day time travel – Kolkata attained a spot in the list of top 7 cities with the most number of kms travelled in day time from 6 AM to 10 PM by recording 208 million kms with 18 million rides
- Night time travel – Kolkata recorded a total of 21 million kms for the night travel from 10 PM to 6 AM with 1 million rides
- Biswajit Kundu and Surya Narayan Yadav recorded the highest number of night rides in Kolkata at 1,991 and 1,857 trips respectively
- Star Driver Partners – 5 driver-partners from Kolkata received more than 3,000 5 star ratings from satisfied customers
- Music Kolkata played – Kolkata loved to engage with Ola Prime Play in the evening between 5 to 8 PM with the most preferred music genre being romantic, soft and hip-hop music.
- While travelling in Ola Play enabled cars, the most played songs by people of Kolkata were Phir Bhi Tumko Chahunga, Dil Diyaan Gallan and Tere Sang Yaara