SBI Group flags off 3rd edition ‘SBI Green Marathon’ in Kolkata
· Rajnish Kumar, Chairman, SBI and Ranjan Kumar Mishra, CGM, Kolkata Circle, SBI, flagged-off the event
· Swapna Barman, Arjuna Awardee – Indian heptathlete also graced the even
· Nearly 10,000 runners participated in this marathon in Kolkata
· Bibs of 5 kms runners consisted of seeds for tree plantation post Marathon
· Organic T-shirts were given to all participants to promote clean and green city
Kolkata – February 23, 2020: To celebrate the passion for environmental sustainability and better living for our future generations, country’s largest bank, State Bank of India is back with its 3rd edition of SBI Green Marathon. Rajnish Kumar, Chairman, SBI and Ranjan Kumar Mishra, CGM, Kolkata Circle, SBI, flagged-off the run that witnessed around 10,000 enthusiastic runners.
Swapna Barman, Arjuna Awardee – Indian heptathlete also graced the even. The Sunday morning at Eco Park in Newtown, observed participants from the city running 5, 10, 21 Kms marathon, pledging for a greener future.
Senior officials of the bank also participated in the run along with other participants. All the runners were given organic t-shirts to promote clean and green city. The bibs of 5kms runners consist of seeds which will be planted post marathon.
The 3rd edition of the 15 cities SBI Green Marathon will travel to Chandigarh, Mumbai and New Delhi with 10 marathons got concluded in Lucknow, Guwahati, Thiruvananthapuram, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Patna, Bhopal and Jaipur. SBI General Insurance is the health partner for SBI Green Marathon whereas SBI Life and SBI Mutual Funds are also significantly contributing to this zero waste event.