INDIAN ARMY SIGNS A MOU WITH DRONE FEDERATION OF INDIA
By PIB Delhi
The Army Design Bureau on behalf of the Indian Army has signed a MoU with the Drone Federation of India to collaboratively work towards promoting research, development, testing, and manufacturing of drones, counter-drone, and associated technologies that can assist the Indian Army in its operations. This MoU also signifies the unwavering commitment of the Indian Army to supporting our industry and the complete ecosystem to develop indigenous equipment and weapon systems in line with Atmanirbharta in defence manufacturing.
The Army Design Bureau is the nodal agency of the Indian Army to be the facilitator for the R&D efforts with the Industry, Academia, DRDO, and DPSUs to enable them to understand and appreciate user requirements in depth. The Drone Federation of India promotes the drone industry by bringing about policy change, creating business opportunities, developing a robust skilling infrastructure, facilitating technology and knowledge transfers, developing standards, and promoting R&D efforts with industry-academia collaboration.
This MoU between the Indian Army and the Drone Federation of India will promote efforts to handhold the industry and academia in order to assist them to develop niche technology and products for procurement by the Indian Army. As per the new MoU, both parties have agreed to collaboratively work on the following:-
· To create a road map for drone, counter-drone, and allied technologies in the Indian Army.
· To promote research, development, testing, and indigenous manufacturing of drones and associated technologies by the provision of testing sites to enable the designing, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing of drones and associated components.
· Develop goal-based technology research programs in groups with members from industry, academia, and the armed forces.
· Enabling outreach for Field Trials in collaboration with industry and user groups of the Armed Forces.
· Facilitate the visit of Army Representatives to factory premises of industry members to understand industry capabilities and development progress along with the visit of Industry Representatives and other experts to the army base and other operational posts to bring awareness about field scenarios within the Indian industry.