Generation of Renewable Energy
By PIB Delhi
Details of the ongoing major Renewable Energy Schemes / Programmes
- Scheme for Development of solar parks and Ultra-mega Solar Power Projects with a target of setting up 40,000 MW capacity. Under the scheme, the infrastructure such as land, roads, transmission system (internal and external), pooling stations, water feasibility is developed with all statutory clearances/ approvals. Thus the solar project developers have plug and play benefit.
- Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) Scheme Phase-II (Government Producer Scheme) for setting up 12,000 MW grid-connected Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Power Projects by Government Producers with Viability Gap Funding (VGF) support, for self-use or use by Government/ Government entities, either directly or through Distribution Companies (DISCOMS).
- Production Linked Incentive scheme ‘National Programme on High Efficiency Solar PV Modules’ for achieving manufacturing capacity of Giga Watt (GW) scale in High Efficiency Solar PV modules (Tranche- I & II).
- PM-KUSUM Scheme to promote small Grid Connected Solar Energy Power Plants, stand- alone solar powered agricultural pumps and solarisation of existing grid connected agricultural pumps. The scheme is not only beneficial to the farmers but also States and DISCOMs. States will save on subsidy being provided for electricity to agriculture consumers and DISCOMs get cheaper solar power at tail end saving transmission and distribution losses.
- Rooftop Solar Programme Phase II for grid connected solar rooftop power plants. Under this Programme, subsidy is provided for residential sector and performance linked incentives to DISCOMs for achieving capacity addition in rooftop solar above baseline.
- Green Energy Corridors (GEC): to create intra-state transmission system for renewable energy projects. Central Financial Assistance (CFA) is provided to set up transmission infrastructure for evacuation of Power from Renewable Energy projects in total ten States (considering both the phases of GEC).
- Intra-State Transmission System Green Energy Corridor Phase-I (ii). Intra-State Transmission System Green Energy Corridor Phase-II
- Waste to Energy Programme : Programme on Energy from Urban, industrial and Agricultural Wastes/Residues
- Biomass Programme: Scheme to Support Manufacturing of Briquettes & Pellets land Promotion of Biomass (non-bagase) based cogeneration in Industries.
- Biogas Programme : for promotion of family type Biogas plants
- Renewable Energy Research and Technology Development (RE-RTD) Programme (Support Programme).
- Human Resource Development Scheme with components such as short term trainings & skill development programmes, fellowships, internships, support to lab upgradation for RE and renewable energy chair.
- Information & Public Awareness (I&PA)
This information was given by Shri R.K Singh, Union Minister for Power and New and Renewable Energy in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.