Tata AIA expands its Bimarath drive in West Bengal, organizes sessions for Transgenders
• The Bimarath campaign expanded in December’23 to cover Kolkata and the districts in South Bengal
• Engages transgender advocacy group to highlight the need for life insurance and how to secure life, health, and retirement needs
• Conducts over 400 training programs with an attendance of over 10,000 on insurance principles, products, processes, etc.,
Kolkata, January 2024:
In support of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India’s (IRDAI) vision of ‘Insurance for All by 2047,’ Tata AIA Life Insurance Co Ltd (Tata AIA) conducted a series of activities in West Bengal’s urban, semi-urban, and rural areas to raise awareness and penetration of insurance. The activities include on-ground events at company branches and partner branches, focus group discussions with citizens, distribution network training programmes, and special awareness drives in coordination with regulators and industry peers.
Tata AIA launched a unique on-ground initiative, ‘Bimarath’ in November’23. The Bimarath (Promotional van with a large LED display to show videos) travelled to five districts of North Bengal, including Siliguri, Malada, Coochbeher, Jalpaiguri, and Alipurduar. There were free health checkup camps organised in these districts, which more than 450 people attended.
In December’23 the Bimarath organized by Tata AIA covered the Kolkata metropolitan region and all districts (Howrah, Hooghly, North 24 Pargana, Nadia, Murshidabad, Burdwan, Bankura, and Purulia) of South BengalThe company organized health check-up camps and other engagement activities to raise awareness about the importance of life insurance.
• The Bimarath activity also reached the rural locations of Howrah and Hooghly. This was done in partnership with Common Service Centers to spread the message of insurance among rural consumers. Over 125 people benefited from the program. To drive penetration, Village Level Entrepreneurs associated with these Common Service Centers are buying trained to effectively promote insurance solutions, that are relevant to rural consumers.
Career Opportunity Drive:
• In Barackpore in the North 24 Parganas district, the Company held a session with the transgender community. In an hour-long interaction, participants learned the benefits of purchasing insurance to protect their financial needs and an opportunity to see how they could get recruited as advisors and learn how to generate income for their well-being.
• Tata AIA employees and representatives visited employment exchanges, colleges, community welfare organisations, and building societies, conducting over 400 training sessions in the state to provide an overview of life insurance and encourage people to consider a career in life insurance. The event saw over 10,000 attendees which led to the hiring of nearly 325 New Licentiate Agents (NLA), making the agency’s total strength more than 8537 agents.
Girish Kalra, Chief Marketing Officer of Tata AIA Life Insurance, said, “At Tata AIA, we are committed to spreading the message of insurance in West Bengal and working towards bringing them into the insurance fold, thereby securing their loved ones. We have taken several steps including organizing Bimarath, Awareness workshops along with our Advisors, Bank partners, and CSC partners. To make sure that our efforts are inclusive, we have conducted insurance awareness sessions with Transgenders. We will continue to expand on our activities, to enable the people of West Bengal to live a secure and Fiker-free life. ”
In association with its bancassurance partner, the Central Bank of India, Tata AIA organised on-ground events and customer engagement activities to raise awareness of the benefits and importance of life insurance. These include:
• The Bimarath programme was implemented in four North Bengal districts, namely Siliguri, Malda, Cooch Behar, and Alipurduar. This event attracted 118 bank customers who expressed interest in purchasing insurance solutions.
• A customer engagement drive was organised by Tata AIA in regions of the state on 21st December in commemoration of the Foundation Day of the Central Bank. Customers attending the bank’s branches to celebrate Foundation Day were introduced to the benefits of different life insurance solutions and spoke about the role of life insurance.
Coordination with the regulator and the industry:
• In a collaborative approach, Tata AIA and Cholamandalam MS General Insurance are leading efforts to promote insurance in West Bengal with support from life and general insurers from India’s public and private sectors.
• Under the guidance of the IRDAI, the insurance industry has decided to celebrate one day every month as Masik Bima Divas. This day will be observed on the second Thursday of every month.
• The first Masik Bima Divas was celebrated on November 9th, 2023, and the second was held on 14th December 2023. Multiple activities and visibility drives were conducted at Tata AIA branches and offices of other insurers to communicate the importance of insurance.
• To make a difference at a ground level, insurance companies in the state have formed a District Level Committee with a designated point of contact to ensure industry initiatives are implemented.
Since Nov’22, Tata AIA has been executing a composite digital and social media campaign that has enabled it to communicate the benefits of life insurance and its solutions to over four crore people across the state. Using Digital, social media, OTT, and other online platforms, the company reached out to consumers with the local Mascot Bimasen, highlighting the importance of various insurance solutions like Savings Plans, Pension Plans, Term Plans, and Unit-linked Plans.