Read Time:2 Minute, 12 Second
Mamata Banerjee tears into Central Govt. Here are 10 things she said
Mamata Banerjee tears into the Central Government. Here are 10 things she said:
- The situation in the country is worse than Emergency now.
- In the name of cooperative federalism,opinions of States are being bulldozed. This is dictatorship. This is against spirit of Constitution. The Centre is not taking States on board. We have never faced such discrimination before. Is the Centre following Presidential form of government? Where is federalism?
- The Centre’s Kashmir policy failed. Their diplomacy is a disaster. Pakistan issue has become worse because of the Centre’s failure. I believe apart from Finance, Rail, Defence and External Affairs, Centre should not have any other subject in its jurisdiction. In the name of external affairs, the Centre goes on foreign trips. Rail Budget is also being done away with.
- If States pay most of the funds, why should the schemes be named after leaders of the ruling party in the Centre. I have never seen a more arrogant Central Government. Do they want to do away with State governments? The Centre wants to control how States spend their Budget money? They want to appoint a person to State treasury. Why? They want to control the functioning of the States even at BDO level. Why will we allow that?
- Few days ago, the Union Finance Minister paid tributes to Netaji on his “death anniversary”. Are these mistakes or planned actions? Bhashan on social media can get you votes. But what about nation-building? BJP is a hi-tech publicity oriented party. Under Narendra Modi’s government, the entire country has lost freedom again.
- We are protesting against the Centre’s interference. We are being victimised. We will approach the President of India about the Centre’s undue interference in the business of States.
- Federal structure is being bulldozed by the unilateral, arbitrary action of the Centre. This is a dangerous ‘red’ signal to stop democratic system. If the Centre does not correct its course, we will be forced to hit the streets.
- Inflation is up. Development projects for weaker sections are stagnant. There is controversy over GDP numbers. Narendra Modi suddenly went to Pakistan on their PM’s birthday. Surprise visit. Many things happened after that. Total mishandling. In the name of gau-raksha there is violence across the country.
- The Centre will be strengthened if the States are empowered.
- Tamil Nadu has also expressed strong opinion on various issues. We will discuss with other Opposition-ruled States. Every party must come together to fight unitedly against the attempts by Modi Govt to thwart the federal structure.