Rivers are the life Line of any civilization from ancient times. And now even rivers are the main source of freshwater for all living beings. Urban and Rural life depends on the Rivers.
Understanding the need of the hour and creating awareness among academia, administration, and common people South Asian Institute for Advanced Research & Development (SAIARD) an Autonomous Academic & Research Institute and The Regional Capacity Building Centre of National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti & National Institute of Urban Affairs, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs, Govt. of India has come up with a major event “International River Congress from 27 – 29 December 2021” at National Library Campus, Kolkata
Dr. Biswajit Roy Chowdhury Chairman SAIARD launched the emblem for the upcoming illustrated event at Kolkata. During this emblem release, he said that this event is going to be a landmark event in the history of river-related events at Kolkata.
Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, the Cabinet minister in charge of the Ministry of Jal Shakti of Government of India, will be the chief guest on the occasion along with many national and international guests of importance.
Earlier this month talking to the press of the man behind the Concept & Patron of the project, Dr Biswajit Roy Chowdhury, The Founder Chairman
SAIARD & IIGST told, “We want to take the special skill development at the next level of international quality across India and overseas.
International River Congress 27 – 29 December 2021 at National Library Campus, Kolkata will also have the knowledge partners like Namami Gange, IBG NEWS, India Meteorological Department, NESAC, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Geo Matrix and National Institute of Urban Affairs.
In recent times, we hardly saw such an august event in academia in the City of Joy Kolkata. Surely this event will fetch the limelight and glory back to the host city, Kolkata, the major center for Indian Nobel and Oscar-winning citizens.
This event is its 1st International Rivers Congress and members of all teaching fraternities, researchers, and academia from different disciplines are cordially invited to present their research papers at the conference.
Awards will be given during the event
- River Scientist of the year (Only academicians)
- River Mitra Samman (For NGOs)
- Junior River Scientist of the year (For Research
- Good River Governance Award (For Govt. officials/Dept.)
- Best Paper Presentation Award
- ** Nominees are invited to apply for the award number 1 to 5 mentioning their updated biodata or institutional profile/brochure in the given mail Id: [email protected] ** You will be informed through proper invitation mail if your name will be selected by the Jury Member Committee for that concerned award.
- Submission of Abstract: 21.11.2021
- Abstract Acceptance: 25.11.2021
- Early Bird Registration 30.11.2021
- Request for Exhibition Stall: 25.11.2021
- Request for advertising in Souvenir 25.11.2021
- Full Paper Submission: Within 21.01.2022
- Registration Fees
- For Academicians: 1500/- (INR) / 20$
- For Officials/Corporate: 2000/- (INR) / 30$
All international participants must note 18% GST will apply on the invoice raised by IBG NEWS for Paypal ID [email protected] as an overseas facilitator and knowledge partner. for the event.
▪ Sh. Rajiv Ranjan Mishra,IAS, Director General, National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt of India
▪ Sh. D.P. Mathuria, Executive Director- Tech., National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt of India
▪ Sh. R. Agarwal, , Executive Director- Finance, National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt of India
▪ Dr Tapati Banerjee, Director, National Atlas & Thematic Mapping Organisation, Govt of India
▪ Mr. Hitesh Vaidya, Director, National Institute of Urban Affairs, Govt of India
▪ Dr. Badri Narayan Kar, Addl. Director, ILGUS & State Mission Director, AMRUT, Govt of W.B.
▪ Dr. Sanjib Bandyopadhyay, DDGM, India Meteorological Department, Kolkata, Govt of India
▪ Prof. Ashis Sarkar, WBES, Retd. Professor, Presidency University, West Bengal ▪ Dr. S.P. Aggarwal, Director, North-Eastern Space Application Centre, Govt of India ▪ Dr. Prakash Chauhan, Director, Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Govt of India
▪ Prof. Sunil Kr. De, Professor, North-Eastern Hilly University, Shillong
▪ Dr. Victor R. Shinde, Team Leader, Water & Environment, National Institute of Urban Affairs, Govt of India
▪ Mr. Peeyush Gupta, RTIS, National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt of India
▪ Er. Subrata Halder, Executive Engineer (A-I), water Resources Investigation & Development Department, Govt of W.B.
▪ Ms. Jyoti Verma, Urban-Environment Planner, National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt of India
▪ Prof. B. W. Pandey, Professor, Delhi School of Economics, Delhi University
▪ Prof. A. R. Siddiqui, Professor, Allahabad University, U.P.
▪ Ms. Shivani Saxena, Environmental Planner, National Mission for Clean Ganga, Ministry of Jal Shakti, Govt of India
▪ Prof. Bimal Kar, Professor, Guwahati University, Assam
▪ Dr Biswajit Bera, Asst. Professor, S.K.B. University, W.B.
▪ Dr. Debjit Dutta, Asst. Professor, Jadavpur University, W.B.
▪ Mr Suman Munshi, CEO, IBG News
▪ Prof. Suchita Sharmin, Professor, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
▪ Prof. Rijan B. Kayastha, Professor, Kathmandu University, Nepal
▪ Prof. C. Guneratne, Professor, Open University of Sri lanka, Sri Lanka
▪ Dr. O.I. Oja, Professor, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Nigeria
▪ Prof. Joe Ravetz, Professor, University of Manchester, UK
▪ Prof. Ifte Ahmed, Professor, University of Newcastle, Australia
For further details of the event
Mobile: +91-6289169916, 7003340425, 9049043832 Email: [email protected]
Please Visit https://saiard.co.in/international-river-congress/