Only 5 more days are left before the inauguration of the 45th International Kolkata Book Fair.
It will be inaugurated on 28 February 2022 at 3:30 pm at the Central Park Mela Complex, Salt Lake, by our Hon’ble Chief Minister Smt. Mamata Banerjee, in presence of Mr K.M. Khalid MP, Hon’ble State Minister for Cultural Affairs, Government of People’s Republic of Bangladesh, Shri Sanjib Chattopadhyay, eminent author of Bengal and Ms Selina Hossain, eminent author of Bangladesh along with other eminent dignitaries and Hon’ble Ministers of our state.
The following are the highlights of this year’s International Kolkata Book Fair:
1. There will be approx. 600 stalls and 200 Little Magazines.
2. There will be nine entry and exit gates in the IKBF 2022 for the easy movement of the visitors. Three gates will be the replica of three books penned by Bangabandh Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Among the other gates, there will be Biswa Bangla Gate, Satyajit Ray Gate & Abanindranath Gate.
3. Big two halls of the Book Fair having mainly the English publications have been named after Subhash Chandra Bose and Shri Aurobindo. The Little Magazine Pavilions will be named after poet-editor Sambhu Rakshit and Prabhat Chowdhury Also there will be a Press Corner andMukta mancha(Open stage) named after Soumitra Chattopadhyay.
4. For booklovers, Transport Department,Government of West Bengal has assured to provide
additional bus services. With the help of Bidhannagar Police, the auto fare of various
destinations has also been fixed for the Book Fair.
5. Forest Department,Government of West Bengal has come forward this year to make the
Book Fair green and eco friendly.
6. A special medical assistance service with ambulance and well equipped doctors, by Peerless Hospitex Hospital And Research Center Limited,— the Health Partner of IKBF 2022.
7. International Kolkata Book Fair 2022 android app to locate any stall in the fair, created by CESC will be available from play store soon.
8. Alliance Broadband will be the Exclusive Broadband Partner.
9. Around 20 Countries across the globe will participate at the International Kolkata Book Fair 2020. Iran will be participating for the first time this year. Bangladesh will have around 50 publishers inside their pavilion.
We are indebted to CESC for their all-out cooperation. There will be a CESC Corner for eminent guests of Book Fair like earlier years which will be grandly decorated. The daily lottery will be held from there, where CESC will distribute Book Gift Coupon worth Rs 15,000/- per day to the lucky winners.
“Buy books and win a Book Library” – As a commitment to the society, like previous years Guild has decided to disseminate the opportunity to more and more book lovers. The ‘ Book Bumper Library lottery’ will be organised on four days of the Fair. We will have one lucky winner on each of those days who will win Book Gift Coupon of Rs 25,000/- each.
A special ‘CESC Sristi Samman’ will be awarded this year to Shri Sanjib Chattopadhyay.
We are specially indebted to State Bank of India – our official Banker for providing full banking facilities & ATM and e services in the Fair Ground.
Please also note that this year more new books are coming up by the small and medium publishers during the Book Fair.
We are also indebted to ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company – our Official Insurer.
We also acknowledge support from National Jute Board as our Green partner.
For the first time in the history of international Book Fairs, this year the IKBF will have virtual live presence through the website and social media pages of the Book Fair. Live telecast will also be streamed in SNU TV and aajkaal.in. Those who are staing abroad and unable to come to the Book Fair, they can watch the Book Fair along with its different programs online. Our exclusive digital partner is Sister Nivedita University.
The other major attraction of the International Kolkata Book Fair that we all look forward to, will be the 8th edition of the Kolkata Literature Festival which will be held from 11 & 12 March 2022.
Heartiest best wishes and regards to all of you.